03/11/2015 | Packaging

Cardbox Packaging acquires majority stake in Schachner Pack GmbH

The Cardbox Pack­aging Group has acquired a 90% stake in the Schachner Pack GmbH company, the remaining 10% continue to be owned by previous proprietor, Roland Schachner. Specialising in the ­development of high-quality folding boxes for the foodstuff and cosmetic industry as well as bottle carriers (sixpacks), Pinkafeld-based Schachner Pack GmbH, which was founded in 2007, has recently racked up an annual turn-over of just under € 5 m based on a 28-strong workforce. Cardbox Packaging Holding‘s CEO Klaus Hockl will team up with Roland Schachner by assuming the position of executive ­director of Schachner Pack GmbH. Within the Cardbox Packaging Group maintaining locations in Austria and the Czech Republic, the Pinkafeld plant will be in charge of developing and processing folding boxes and blanks.